Skip to main content

Is Paris Over hyped?

Paris the city of love. You are thinking of travelling to Europe? I am sure all your friends and family already told you that you have to visit Paris right?
Paris is one of most tourist attract destination in Europe. As per tourist leaving Europe without travelling to Paris is biggest mistake of your life. I have visited Paris in July. In summer Paris is packed with tourist. You need to be extra careful with your belongings when you travelling in summer. Stay, Tour cost and Food everything becomes more expensive in summer. I have visited 10 cities in Europe in 1 year I must say that Paris is the most Over rated European city. the glitz and glamour that we see in pictures or on social media just create this illusion in our head that drags us to this city. When you see the city all the glitz and glamour are missing. 


Everything is over priced and quality is missing. i must say that you will hardly see any French culture here in Paris. I am sure that if you go to other city of France it would be easy for you to see and experience the France culture, do not expect any cultural aspects here in Paris. 



The tourist places are great though, but I did not found anything special in these tourist places. I was highly disappointed seeing the park around the Eiffel Tour because it was dirty and full of homeless people. i am sure you do not expected from one of the hyped European city. 




I realized that social media only shows the glitz of a city it never shows the flip side of the city. On the other hand, may be I had high expectations from the city that I has disappointed after visiting it. 
I must say that the city was not clean enough either. I can imagine the amount of tourist this city gets it could be hard to keep it clean. 

Every street is full of small shops and people are desperate to sell their stuffs. They can be bothering at a point. I could be judgmental at this point but I am just trying to show the other part of the Paris which most of the people do not show. 

You can see more posts and pictures on my Instagram @Nauveerasdiary. For today that's all. I will be back with another blog post soon.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lisbon from the Top

Portugal is a hilly country, Lisbon city was made cutting the hills. When you will walk around the city you will see that they do not have any straight road to walk, all the way is up and down. The old city of Lisbon has the highest view point from where you can enjoy the whole view of the city. to reach the top you can either take a Tuk Tuk ride or just walk yourself. There are alternate rides as well like tram, bus and taxi. I have walked little bit at the beginning. You can enjoy the mid view from the point called Miradoura Das portas de sol. This is the view point from a terrace bar.  To reach the highest point of the city I had to take a tuk tuk ride which was for 20 mins if I walked it would have taken me almost 1 hour to reach the top. the highest point is called Miradoura de santa catarina. They highest point is very windy you feel the wind hard there. They view is worth all the struggle and the endless ride. You see the miniature of the Lisbon from the top. you can se...